Monday 2 March 2015

Hello, Orlando






After a grueling 30-hour travel from Singapore to Russia then to Texas and finally arriving at Florida past midnight, Orlando sure didn't disappoint. I resided at a lodge a stone throw away from the main amusement parks but it was so densely forested, the tranquility of this beautiful state was not compromised. The week was then spent visiting museums, amusements parks, binge-eating at the waffle house right next to the lodge, spending way too much time awestricken over the prices in the supermarket and constantly searching for a decent Chinese restaurant. Although settling for a decent Chinese restaurant was no easy feat.

It was a great feeling to be back to the place my mother considered home for her seventeen year old self. Being back at the place she and my father dated and travelled over the summer while finishing college. The mother herself brought me to specific places she went when she was my age saying (I quote), "I was here when I was seventeen, with your father. Now that I'm here again, I'm with you instead... and you're seventeen too."

No comments:

Post a Comment